Got new hitch rack

I had a Swagman XC2 rack ($150 on Amazon) which I used to carry one bike on a 2016 Mazda CX-5. The rack worked great but it looked like an insect attached to the rear of the vehicle and it protruded so far from the rear that I had very little room to walk in front of the vehicle when it was in the garage.

Last week I discovered a rack I had never heard of before; the 1Up. After some research on the web, I found it to be highly rated and a favorite with off-road bikers. I ordered one from the manufacturer and received it in 3 days. It's not cheap but still less than some other racks.

This is one sweet piece of engineering. It is all metal, compact, simple to use, looks like it is a part of the vehicle, is quick and easy to load and unload, and folds easily upward and out of the way. You take it out of the box, slide it into the hitch, tighten a bolt, and you are done. You can add trays to carry up to 3 bikes.
Check it out at: https://www.1up-usa.com/product/quik-rack-single/
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts